Recipe obtained from: EatingWell: July/August 2009
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Thai yellow curry paste, or 1 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 14-ounce can “lite” coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 pound skinned salmon fillet, preferably wild Pacific, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add curry paste (or powder) and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add eggplant and cook, stirring, until the eggplant is coated with the curry mixture, about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce and brown sugar to the pan. Bring to a boil; stir in salmon and snow peas. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the salmon is cooked through and the peas are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in basil and lime juice.